Sign up for our FREE monthly e-mail alert
Indiana Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 10507, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46852-0507
|HOME | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | EVENTS | MEMBERSHIP | PROJECTS | PUBLICATIONS | RESEARCH | SITE INDEX||DATABASES (FREE & MEMBERS-ONLY)|
|Members Only >> County Records >>||FREE Databases|
Submitted by Penny L. North and Jim Cox
NOTE: The cemetery is on State Road 124, 1 mile east of Bluffton. It is in Harrison Township.
The original introduction to this cemetery index stated: “The ground for this cemetery was purchased from J. H. and Frank Smith in 1902 and was plotted for cemetery use in 1903. An article in the Evening News dated April 1, 1902 states fifty farm acres were bought by “the Elm Grove association for $3,700. It was sold to them by J.H.C. Smith, who last Saturday bought it off of Mr. Lipkey”.
Acording to the Evening News-Banner’s centennial edition, Joseph Painter was the first interment on August 11, 1902.
This database may be searched in the following ways:
© 2021 Indiana Genealogical Society
Indiana Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 10507, Fort Wayne, IN 46852-0507