Not an IGS member?
|Join Our Mailing List|
|HOME | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | EVENTS | MEMBERSHIP | PROJECTS | PUBLICATIONS | RESEARCH | SITE INDEX||MEMBERS ONLY - DATABASES|
|Members Only >> County Records >>||FREE Databases|
Submitted by Penny L. North and Jim Cox
NOTE: On October 8, 1856, the Whitley County Recorder recorded the deed for this cemetery as “Commencing 16 rods south of the northwest corner of section 28, thence south 12 rods, thence east 13 rods and 8 and 1/3 links, thence north 12 rods, thence west 13 and 1/3 rods to the place of beginning containing one acre to be used for a cemetery and upon which to erect a house of worship for the M.E. Church.” The cemetery has been divided into two sections, A and B, as divided by a drive. The northern section is A and the largest section is B.
This database may be searched in the following ways:
© 2014 Indiana Genealogical Society
Indiana Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 10507, Fort Wayne, IN 46852-0507